Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Comprehensive Plan, Lakeland Green Meetings

The City is currently in the process of updating the Lakeland Comprehensive Plan. Lakeland residents will be hearing a lot about this in the near future and rightly so, since this update has a major impact on the future.

I encourage all residents to attend Comprehensive Plan meetings and/or read Citywatch, the City web page, CityofLakeland.com or read the Qnet postings to keep informed about the Comprehensive Plan.

The Lakeland Green project is making a final presentation (based on the Charrette last fall) at 6:00 p.m., Monday, April 4 at the IH Club.

The semi-annual Town Meeting by the Lakeland Board of Commissioeners will follow at 7:00 p.m.

I understand that Mayor Scott Carmichael has informally advsied that the meeting WILL be over in time for those who want to catch the NCAA "Final Four"!

Also, please bear with me as I learn more about "blogging". I may make some mistakes, but I do learn fast!

No comments: