Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Reflections on my fourth Anniversary in Lakeland

11/1/05 marks the beginning of my fifth year in Lakeland. It has been a rewarding four years, as we have enjoyed living and working in Lakeland. I am amazed to look back and realize it has been four years since I started!

Along with other Lakeland residents, I have seen a lot of changes. I have especially enjoyed working with Lakeland residents, the members of the Lakeland Boards and Commissions and the Lakeland City employees. I find Lakeland residents to be more knowledgeable and more active than other cities and this makes the job especially rewarding.

I can say without exception that the Lakeland Board of Commissioners appreciates citizen input at meetings! They (and city staff) appreciate your words of appreciation, as well as your words of concern or criticism.

We REALLY don’t know how you are feeling unless you tell us! Don’t hesitate to attend a meeting of any Board or Commission, pickup the phone and call us or E-mail us! We do listen and we do respond to your concerns and requests. If we don’t, let us know so we can improve.

No comments: